Values and Ethos
Oak Hill First School offers a safe, welcoming and caring environment in which all members of the school community are valued and encouraged to achieve the highest standards. The school will emphasise the importance of children’s personal and social development, along with promoting high academic standards across the curriculum in order to prepare children for the opportunities, experiences and responsibilities of adult life. The staff and governors are committed to working cooperatively with parents and the local community to ensure that children develop a lifelong love of learning in a stimulating, happy and well-resourced environment.
By working collaboratively and effectively with parents, carers, the local community, the Local Authority and relevant support agencies Oak Hill First School:
- AIMS to help children develop a healthy way of living.
- AIMS for children to learn in a safe and caring place.
- AIMS for children to enjoy school, feel good about their learning and get better at what they know and can do.
- AIMS to help children understand how to work and play with others.
- AIMS to help our children become good at writing, reading and maths.
Oak Hill First school aims to meet the needs of all pupils regardless of intellectual ability, physical, sensory, emotional/behavioural difficulties, gender, social and cultural background, religion or ethnic origins.